Sunday 18 November 2012

Week 6 Day 7

I finished my 7k relay race in 28:40, the average pace is 6:36/m, which is 8 seconds faster than my 5K pace 6 weeks ago.

I didn't have a fancy watch, so I don't know my split. It was a 4.75 loop route. I think I was a bit too slow on the second loop. Mentally I felt there were another 3 loops to go so I had to leave enough puff for the distance. I was on leg 2. In front of me, there were probably about 10 runners. On loop 2, a lady passed by me and I couldn't catch up all the way. After that, I didn't see anybody pass by me. On loop 4 and loop 5, my legs were tired (my legs were not fully recovered after 9 miles run on Thursday) and I reminded myself to keep my form and keep running as I have trained for so long. I exchanged my frequency to a wider stride for a couple times.

The weather was a bit cold. When we drove to the race venue at 6:30, it was -3C. I wore a running short. I couldn't find the toilet, so I had to put my long tights on top of the short. I wore a hat and gloves when I ran (most people do). When I started run, the sun has already came up. After the first loop, I realized all those protection was a mistake. I was too hot and started sweating. I took off my hat and gloves and threw to the side, but I couldn't stop to take my tights off. We live and we learn!

In the last 200 meters, I sprinted. That was good. I didn't feel awful after the run and recovered to normal quite quickly. Of course, the legs are still a bit sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment